torsdag 23. oktober 2014

Why I love my guild



I love my guild, I really do. It is full of awesome people, that care about each other and about the guild, and if you need help with something, usually asking in guild helps. We have all types of people in the guild, tho we are on the "mature side" (that's what we call old ;P) Most of the guildies are 30+ but we have a few younger as well -and older :) And it is a nice mix of progress-raiders, casual raiders and purely social members.


Many of us have been playing since the game came out in 2005, and some of us even raided together in the "old days" (Vanilla/tBC) before splitting ways pursuing different goals in the game. The later years we have found together again in this guild we had as our first raiding home (for me at least it was), because times change, life change, and priority's change. Whenever we get new members we do our best to make them feel as part of the "flock" -tho it helps if they are social creatures that are not afraid to hit /g.

Many have got family obligations and do not have time to raid 4-5 nights a week anymore, so the light raiding-schedule we have of 2 raid-nights per week fits perfect. That means we have less time to dick around
(pardon my French^^), and when we are raiding we try to get the most out of it, while having fun in the process. I think we achieve that quiet well.

We do enjoy doing things together, like doing X amount of Headless Horseman runs to get the people in the group their rings. Or jump on mumble and talk rubbish while doing achievement runs in old instances. Or doing PvP together, while trolling /bg chat (Yes, im looking at you Shadrea! ;-)) and having fun. :D During this expansion we have had 3 guild-groups running Gold Challenge Modes, those have been really fun to do together! The biggest challenge there was to find a time that fitted all 5 in the group! 

    Second round of CM for me. :)

In addition to having 2 raidteams, we also have been running flex-runs (now called NORMALS ;P) on tuesdays, that are open to all guildies plus they have been cross-realm-raids with friends from Twitter. The bosses of these runs have been Shadrea and Rel (@iamchris and @reliqEU on twitter). We have a few regulars that come every week, and some that drop by from time to time, and its all fine. The giggle factor on Mumble is high, and the jokes so bad! :D

    Flexrun at Klaxxi -this is one of the earlier raids we did :)

At work I sometimes have twitch-stream from former runs going in the background while working, and GOSH we laugh a lot. Specially me, or maybe that is because my voice sounds extremely loud compared to the others, since I'm the one streaming (+ I am loud :P). But we have so much fun in raids, and we kill bosses at the same time. If things get too serious, there is always inappropriate jokes to be found. 


Like when we were working on HC Paragons, and the names Iyyokuk and Korven came up. Me and our Swedish lock (Erik) started giggling uncontrollably, when the others asked why, we had to explain that Korven means "the Sossage" in Swedish, and kuk means dick in Norwegian. So YoKuk (thats who they say it) suddenly became very awkward to say to another dude and Jade and Rel (our tanks) giggled whenever they tank-swapped "Can you taunt ... eh.. YoKuk? *trying to keep serious voice and failing*" :D


Funny (random) quotes/comments from a typical raid night with the progress team:

Patro: "its time to bring the A-game!" 
Patro: "I'M A PALADIN!!!!
 Erik: "Can someone please rez me, even if I don't look dead?"
Erik: "Don't kill the adds before Nazgrim!! Its a huuuge dps loss for me!!" /cries
Jade: "we got a mass-rez inc. dont release. Erik, I am looking at you!" 
Sipollo: "Anyone need food? I have 150 noodle-wagons left, and mats to make 80 more!" 
Sipollo: "Remember to eat one noodle and then fill up so you have 5 in your bags!" 
Class/everyone in raid: "That's what she said!" To ANYTHING that could be slightly interpreted as an sexual innuendo. 
A every-raid-conversation between Jade and Erik: 
Jade: "Erik, please get well fed" 
 Erik: "yes yes I will, you keep forgetting that warlocks are high maintenance! We need to pull out our pets, and then kill them, and then place portals and summon cookies!" 
Jade: "Ye ye just eat" 
Hunter-talk about belt on Siegecrafter hc:
Gymer: "Its not fair I died, I was virtually inside Demandred!"
Demandred: "WTF dude!?"
 Other convos that happen during raid:
Patro: "I laid hands on Erik"
Erik: "You did whaaaat??" 

Jade: "Anyone got Jeeves?"
Haelden "Yeah me. Its coming in the back"
The Raid: "#ThatsWhatHeSaid!!"
Haelden: "oh YOU GUYS!"
The raid: Laughing

Other things happening while waiting in raids: 
Shadrea chasing Blexis around yelling "Pat the Willy! Pat the Willy!" (the pet, Willy, I have to add ;-))
Making pink-pirate trains walking around the boss-room while waiting for everyone to be ready/back from break. 
Also needs mentioning is that there is no raid without someone making fat jokes to/about Blexis (male draenei shaman, and he loooves cake). And if we don't, he do it himself! 
A typical example of this is when we are killing Galakras:

Jade: "Blex you can jump down from the tower now"
Blexis: "Earthquake inc!"

Needless to say, Blexis is very fond of Sipollo, since he is a "sure thing" for getting food!


The very same Blexis /whispered me this when we were doing trash before Garrosh HC:
"Go search for "Bird is the word" on Youtube! Do it do it!"
Result: 



He still randomly /w me "Bird is the word!!" and that always make me giggle :D

Lately we have had some friends join our raids for Mythic together with some from OpenRaid, since we have some folks on holidays and on break before WoD. Here is a cut of a friend of a guildy singing:

   
       Good morning, good moooorning!

And when we raid, we are quite serious when the fight have started (bringing our A-game and all ;-)). Here is a link to our killvideo of Heroic Garrosh:





When we were working on Iron Juggernaut (or Iron Juggs as I pref. to call him^^) Blexis said that if we kill him within that raidweek, he would wear pink transmog gear for a whole raid! That was all the motivation we needed, and the boss went down that very same week^^ He refused to farm a pink set tho, so I spent some time at the Auction House to find some pretty&pink mail pieces for him! Unfortunately, I was not there the raid where he used it but Shadrea took a nice little screenshot for me :D 



LOOK HOW CUTE HE IS! :D :D

All in all we have a lot of fun, but also can put on the serious face and kill bad-ass bosses, one do not exclude the other. 

I am feeling very talkative these days, in general about the game, so I decided to make a blogpost about my guild, to show them how much they mean to me. When I mentioned it in our ClassBox (our shoutbox is named after me, cos I'm ms. spam-a-lot^^) everyone got very excited and on Mumble tonight when I talked about things I have mentioned here, they were all bubbling over with suggestions to other things I should mention -so this feel like it is a guild project^^

At the end now, and I want to mention that if you are on the EU-servers, think you got Mythic raiding in you and are looking for a guild that kill bosses while having fun, you really should check us out, our webpage is The Phoenix Reborn . #ShamelessSelfPromo!^^ 

If you want to spy on our raids to see that I am in fact NOT LYING when I say we are Teh Awesome, you could check out my stream here: Class on Twitch.tv
#MoreShamelessSelfpromo :D


And as usual, thank you for reading! <3

2 kommentarer:

  1. Class that was hilarious! Your guild sounds like so much fun!

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thanks! I had way to much fun writing this blogpost! :D I love my guild indeed, it is an awesome place to be :)

      Slett